Announcing New Online and Virtual Yoga Teacher Training Options
Back in March of 2020 I had to quickly transition to virtual teaching and adapt yoga teacher training programs to an online format. I admit I was skeptical at first, missing being in the room with students, unsure about how this would change the quality of my training, and my students wouldn’t have the same opportunities for learning as they would in face-to-face trainings.
Oh, how wrong I was!
The past two years I’ve seen that virtual trainings can be just as comprehensive, that graduates are as knowledgeable, skilful, and ready to teach as those completing face-to-face trainings, and courses are so much more accessible for everyone – busy folks fitting their training into work/family/life balance, people living with chronic illness or disability, people living remotely, and folks who, for many reasons, might struggle with being in a studio for 9 hours a day at YTT intensives.
So, with online provisions extending, and in the case of Yoga Australia being made permanent, I’ve been hard at work at making online and virtual trainings even more accessible and creating more learning options for every level of teacher training.
Part of my process was asking questions – what are students’ needs for accessibility, work/life/study balance, and use of technology and virtual learning?
Part of my process was renovating and updating – making the most of online learning technology to create a more streamlined and accessible progression through the teacher training journey and adding as many opportunities as possible for practical learning and success in all aspects of study, practice, and teaching.
Now, I’m ready to tell the world all about it!
Our new YTT courses include online (self-study) options, and virtual (live Zoom workshop) options:
- 50-hour Foundations of Vinyasa Flow ‘Taster’ – Online
- 200-hour Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training – Online
- 350-hour Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training – Virtual
- 150-hour Postgraduate Yoga Teacher Training – Virtual
- 300-hour Postgraduate Yoga Teacher Training – Online
- 300-hour Postgraduate Yoga Teacher Training – Virtual
Online vs Virtual:
- Online studies are self-paced, accessed either via the training portal at Yoga Trinity, or you can download and save your materials and study offline. You’ll still have all the virtual support of Group Coaching, Philosophy Club, and one-to-one mentoring
- Virtual studies (adapted online) include both live Zoom workshops and self-paced online study accessible via the training portal at Yoga Trinity, as well as the virtual support of Group Coaching, Philosophy Club, and one-to-one mentoring.
- Yoga Australia has made their online training provision permanent, so you can complete online or virtual courses and still receive the same registration and CPD hours. This includes the 200 to 350-hour Level 1 trainings, and the 150 and 300-hour Postgraduate YTT programs.
- Yoga Alliance’s temporary online training provision will allow for online and virtual training until the end of 2023 – this includes the 200 to 350-hour Level 1 training (RYS-200) and the new 300-hour Postgraduate YTT (RYS-300)
- AUSactive is offering affiliate education credits for fitness professionals wishing to add yoga to their membership, or existing yoga teacher members seeking CECs
Find more details on our main Yoga Teacher Training page