Core Yoga Distance Education
30-hour fitness, yoga, pilates distance education course for yoga, fitness, Pilates, and mind-body movement professionals.
Core Yoga is a Yoga/Pilates fusion class that blends the dynamic flow of Vinyasa Yoga with the precise techniques of Pilates to create a dynamic experience of mindful movement and meditation in motion. Core Yoga combines breath, awareness, core strengthening and stretching techniques to strengthen and mobilize the body, calm and focus the mind, improve breathing and posture habits, and cultivate a state of active relaxation in everyday life. Suitable for all levels, and ideal for reducing low back pain, managing stress, improving posture, and building a foundation for ideal health, fitness and vitality.
Since 2009 Yoga Trinity has delivered successful Core Yoga Training programs in face-to-face intensives. In 2013 we created the opportunity to complete this program online, in your own time, at your own pace. Since then, over 600 movement professionals have learned to share Core Yoga with their yoga, Pilates, group fitness, and personal training clients. We are enthusiastic about continuing to bridge the gap between fitness and yoga, and make continuing education training more affordable and accessible.
It is our aim that when you complete this Core Yoga Training program you will be able to clearly demonstrate each movement, guide the general participant safely through a balanced sequence of techniques, and instruct simple breath-work exercises. As well, we encourage each Core Yoga instructor in demonstrating the philosophies of Yoga and Pilates in their practice, and professional and personal interactions.
Core Yoga Training Options:
Course Details and FAQs
Who Can Study Core Yoga?
Yoga Instructors, Personal Trainers, Fitness Instructors, Pilates Instructors
How Long Will It Take Me to Complete the Program?
We estimate the study, practice, and practice teaching will take about 30 hours.
What is Included in the Program Package?
- 85-page Trinity Core Yoga Workbook
- 75 minute Trinity Core Yoga Live Class video
- Trinity Core Yoga Pose by Pose video (40 techniques)
- Documented Practice Teaching Forms
- Multiple Choice Assessment
How Do I Get CPDs/CECs for completing the program?
Can I teach right away after this program?
If you are already a registered Yoga, Pilates or Fitness professional yes you can teach right away under your current professional cover. If you do not carry certification as a yoga or fitness professional, you will require a minimum of 200 hours of Yoga study or your Certificate 3 in Fitness before you can teach professionally. For details on current standards visit your national or state/provincial membership organization.
How Can I Use This Program?
You are welcome to teach this sequence as it is instructed in the course, or blend the movements into any mind/body class, private training session, or yoga therapy session. There are no rules about how you can use this program, no ‘set choreography’, and we welcome you to use your knowledge, experience, and creativity with Core Yoga to create amazing classes for your students.
Are There Any Ongoing Fees?
No, there are no licensing fees, no ongoing costs, and no certification renewals required for this program.
Areas of Study
- Technical Study: Postures, Breathwork, Relaxation, Cueing, Group Teaching.
- Theory and Methodology: Cuing and Correcting Skills, Marketing and Managing Group Classes.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Core Yoga Anatomy.
- Philosophy: Five Core Concepts, History of Yoga, History of Pilates, Code of Ethics.
- Practicum: Teaching Group Sessions including physical postures and breathwork.
How is the Program Assessed?
There is a multiple-choice written assessment, as well as a practice teaching element. The practice teaching is self-assessed – this means that you find some volunteers and practice teaching 5 Core Yoga classes with a variety of people, and then go through the practice teaching journal to self-assess how things went ie: what flowed, what didn’t flow, what you want to practice more, and what was your volunteer’s feedback.
- There is no required time-frame for completing the program – work at your own pace – but we recommend completing the coursework, practice, and practice teaching within a 4-8 week period to ensure best learning and retention.
- Once the program package has been received and opened, the program is non-refundable.
- If you choose not to complete the program, you may not transfer the program certificate to another person.
- If a student does not complete the coursework with a passing grade of 80%, they are able to retake the assessment at any time.
- Should a technical issue exist in any course materials ie: DVD, replacements will be shipped at no cost.
- Certificates are awarded only after receipt of all coursework including practice teaching journals and completed course assessment.
Order Your Core Yoga Training Package: