Core Yoga Distance Education
Since 2009 Yoga Trinity has delivered successful Core Yoga Training programs to yoga teachers and fitness professionals in a live format, and we are now making it more accessible with a Distance Education module. We are enthusiastic about continuing to bridge the gap between fitness and yoga, and make continuing education training more affordable and accessible.
It is our aim that when you complete this Core Yoga Training program you will be able to clearly demonstrate each movement, guide the general participant safely through a balanced sequence of techniques, and instruct simple breath-work exercises. As well, we encourage each Core Yoga instructor in demonstrating the philosophies of Yoga and Pilates in their practice, and professional and personal interactions.
Core Yoga Training Options:
Course Details and FAQs
Who Can Study Core Yoga?
Yoga Instructors, Personal Trainers, Fitness Instructors, Pilates Instructors
How Long Will It Take Me to Complete the Program?
We estimate the study, practice, and practice teaching will take about 30 hours.
What is Included in the Program Package?
- 85-page Trinity Core Yoga Workbook
- 75 minute Trinity Core Yoga Live Class video
- Trinity Core Yoga Pose by Pose video (40 techniques)
- Documented Practice Teaching Forms
- Multiple Choice Assessment
How Do I Get CPDs/CECs for completing the program?
The program is recognized by Fitness Australia for 7 CECs, Yoga Australia 15 CPDs, Yoga Alliance 30 CECs, and 3.0 ACE (American Council on Exercise). If you belong to another yoga or fitness organization, speak to them directly about using this program towards continuing education credits.
Can I teach right away after this program?
If you are already a registered Yoga, Pilates or Fitness professional yes you can teach right away under your current professional cover. If you do not carry certification as a yoga or fitness professional, you will require a minimum of 200 hours of Yoga study or your Certificate 3 in Fitness before you can teach professionally. For details on current standards visit your national or state/provincial membership organization.
How Can I Use This Program?
You are welcome to teach this sequence as it is instructed in the course, or blend the movements into any mind/body class, private training session, or yoga therapy session. There are no rules about how you can use this program, no ‘set choreography’, and we welcome you to use your knowledge, experience, and creativity with Core Yoga to create amazing classes for your students.
Are There Any Ongoing Fees?
No, there are no licensing fees, no ongoing costs, and no certification renewals required for this program.
Areas of Study
- Technical Study: Postures, Breathwork, Relaxation, Cueing, Group Teaching.
- Theory and Methodology: Cuing and Correcting Skills, Marketing and Managing Group Classes.
- Anatomy and Physiology: Core Yoga Anatomy.
- Philosophy: Five Core Concepts, History of Yoga, History of Pilates, Code of Ethics.
- Practicum: Teaching Group Sessions including physical postures and breathwork.
How is the Program Assessed?
There is a multiple-choice written assessment, as well as a practice teaching element. The practice teaching is self-assessed – this means that you find some volunteers and practice teaching 5 Core Yoga classes with a variety of people, and then go through the practice teaching journal to self-assess how things went ie: what flowed, what didn’t flow, what you want to practice more, and what was your volunteer’s feedback.
- There is no required time-frame for completing the program – work at your own pace – but we recommend completing the coursework, practice, and practice teaching within a four-week period to ensure best learning and retention.
- Once the program package has been received and opened, the program is non-refundable.
- If you choose not to complete the program, you may not transfer the program certificate to another person.
- If a student does not complete the coursework with a passing grade of 80%, they are able to retake the assessment at any time.
- Should a technical issue exist in any course materials ie: DVD, replacements will be shipped at no cost.
- Certificates are awarded only after receipt of all coursework including practice teaching journals and completed course assessment.
Order Your Core Yoga Training Package: