350-Hour Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training
Virtual/Online or Face-to-Face Canberra and Adelaide Australia
Since 2006 Yoga Trinity has completed over 50 successful Yoga Teacher Training programs and continues to support over 1,000 yoga teachers in their ongoing practice, study, and teaching. Our program continues to evolve and grow, and we look forward to continuing to share an accessible, inclusive, evidence-based, heart-centered program with yogis of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. I hope you will join us!
In accordance with Yoga Australia’s permanent provisions, and Yoga Alliance’s temporary provisions, our programs are now offered in several study options, including Online, Virtual, and blended Face-to-Face and Virtual formats.
Study options for 2022-2023 include:
- 200-hour Online Yoga Teacher Training
- 350-hour Virtual Yoga Teacher Training
- 350-hour Blended Face-to-Face + Online Yoga Teacher Training
This program gives you the opportunity to dive deeply into the philosophy, practice, and teaching of Vinyasa Flow yoga, to develop your practice, and become a confident and skillful 350-hour yoga teacher. Your course will include:
- in-depth study of poses, breathwork, mudras, and guided relaxation
- teaching skills and strategies
- developing your own unique voice as a yoga teacher
- a rich exploration of yoga philosophy in practice, teaching, business, and everyday life
- accessibility, inclusion, special populations, and risk management
- anatomy for yoga; how we move, how yoga benefits our bodies
- how to build a yoga business
Your training will include guided yoga practice, workshops in technical study, philosophy, anatomy, teaching methodology, and practical teaching experience, as well as areas of study that will expand your understanding of the philosophies and practices of yoga.
Your program also includes a comprehensive training portal with online study, video resources, webinars, writing assignments, and personal practice all designed to help you in your studies, practice, teaching, and your yoga business. You can access your training portal as soon as you register, allowing you to dive into your studies straight away.
- Face to Face or Virtual (Live Zoom) Workshops
- Training Portal: self-paced online study you can begin anytime
- Recorded Zoom sessions if you miss a workshop or wish to review
- One-to-one mentoring sessions
- Audio discussions that you can take with you to listen anywhere
- Practical assignments to explore on your own, with friends, family, or fellow teacher trainees
- Ongoing virtual events including yoga classes, group coaching, and Philosophy Club discussions which you can join live or recorded
Upcoming Vinyasa Flow Intensives:
Blended Face-to-Face + Online
|• Feb 17, 18, 19|
• Mar 17, 18, 19
• Apr 14, 15, 16*
|3 weekend intensives|
Fri evening, Sat & Sun
*Special elective Ayurveda & Philosophy Retreat Day
Blended Face-to-Face + Online
|• Jul 23, 30|
• Aug 6, 13, 20, 27
• Sep 3, 10, 17
• Oct 15, 22, 29
• Nov 5*, 12*, 19
|15 Face-to-Face sessions|
*Special electives Yang to Yin, Accessible Yoga
|• Sep 9, 10, 16, 17|
• Oct 14, 15, 21, 22
• Nov 4, 5, 11, 12, 25, 26
|14 Zoom Sessions|
Sat & Sun
*Find CAN/US Dates/Times here
Course Fee Schedule
- Earlybird Savings: please submit your application and course deposit of $1,000 prior to the Earlybird Savings deadline.
- Full Payment Discount: submit full payment upon registration
- Concessions: open to concession card holders.
- Payment Plans: Yes, we are open to creating a payment plan that works for you. The most common option is deposit + 8 fortnightly payments
|Course||Course Fee||Full Payment Discount||Earlybird||Concession|
|Adelaide 2023||4,000||3,800||3,600 by Jan 6||3,200|
|Canberra 2023||4,000||3,800||3,600 by Jun 10||3,200|
|Virtual 2023||4,000||3,800||3,600 by Jul 23||3,200|
Payable by credit card, bank transfer, or Wise (domestic or international transfer)
350-Hour Yoga Teacher Training includes:
- Face-to-Face or Live Zoom Workshops
- Vinyasa Flow Online and Virtual study
- Yoga Pose Labs on accessibility, regressions, progressions, versions, and props
- Anatomy Labs on anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, posture and yoga
- Sequencing 1
- Anatomy Basics
- Ayurveda Basics 1
- Breathwork Study
- Business Basics 1 & 2
- Energetic Anatomy
- Listening, Reading & Writing Assignments on philosophy, teaching skills, accessibility, and the role of a yoga teacher
- Mental Anatomy
- Teaching Flow Study
- Teaching Review and Feedback
- Yoga Philosophy in Daily Life
- Ongoing Learning: Group Coaching, Philosophy Club, Virtual Yoga Classes
- Mentoring one-to-one with lead trainer Heather Agnew
This Level 1 350-hour registered program will provide you with the guidance, practices, techniques, support, and mentorship to begin your own teaching practice. Upon completion of the program you will be awarded with a certificate to verify your successful completion and your competency as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
This program is registered with:
- Yoga Alliance (RYS-200-hour)
- Yoga Australia (Level 1, 350-hours)
- AUSactive (15 CECs)
Registration allows you to use the credentials of Registered Yoga Teacher and gives you access to professional insurance and certification credits with many international fitness, yoga, and mind body organizations. Hear from our Graduates on teacher training, and the journey from student to teacher
- Contact us for more information
- Download the Training Overview for full details
- Compare 50 to 350-hour online and virtual yoga teacher training options
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How to Register:
To apply for admittance to the program, use our online registration tool, or the attached application form. After your application has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a email confirming your acceptance into the program.
- Who Can Study Yoga Teacher Training?
Participants of all ages and backgrounds who have a regular practice and who wish to deeply explore yoga philosophy, practice, and technique, and become a Registered Yoga Teacher.
- What if I have to miss a session?
All Zoom sessions will be recorded, so if you have to miss a virtual workshop a recording will be available for you to review in your own time. If you have to miss a face-to-face session, you can review the Zoom recording for that study unit.
- What Happens When I Register/Order?
Once your registration is received and processed you will have immediate access to your Training Portal to begin your practice and studies. You will also be able to download and save all your study materials to study offline and keep your materials forever.
- Can I teach yoga right away after completing this course?
Absolutely. Once you have completed all your course components you can register as a yoga professional, obtain insurance, and begin teaching professionally.
I have more questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org anytime to chat further about teacher training options.
Lead Trainer: Heather Agnew, E-RYT 500, Level 3 Senior Yoga Teacher
As the program director and lead trainer, Heather will be teaching your virtual sessions, online study units, one-to-one mentoring, virtual coaching, and will be reviewing all of your coursework and supporting you throughout your studies. With over 25 years’ experience teaching yoga and over 15 years facilitating yoga teacher training programs, you will benefit from Heather’s deep experience in yoga practice, teaching, philosophy, anatomy, and business.
Heather brings to the program a strong intent to educate and empower teachers to develop a strong foundation of knowledge and experience in the fundamentals of yoga technique and philosophy, while revealing their own unique gifts, wisdom, and talents as a teacher and practitioner of yoga. Learn more about your lead trainer Heather Agnew
Associate Trainer, Canberra. Sarah Nuttridge, Yoga Therapist and Level 2 Yoga Teacher
Sare will be teaching your face-to-face sessions and sharing her 6 years’ experience in teaching yoga in a variety of styles/environments, including yoga studios, fitness facilities, corporate classes, accessible yoga classes, yoga therapy and private sessions.
Associate Trainer, Adelaide. Trish Cufone, Yoga and Pilates Teacher
Trish will be teaching your face-to-face sessions and sharing her 8 years’ experience in teaching yoga, Pilates, meditation, and mindful movement and running a local yoga studio for 5 years. You will benefit from Trish’s teaching on the link between breath and movement, accessible classes that develop balance and internal awareness, and her focus on the deeper meditation experience of Yoga Nidra within a yoga class.
Please Note: All courses are subject to participation, any course/module cancellations will be made 30 days prior to course commencement or sooner.
Face-to-face intensives are contingent on current public health guidelines and our confidence in ensuring the health and safety of all participants and trainers. Should we not feel that we can provide a safe training environment, face-to-face programs will be transitioned to Virtual (online) programs and all registrations will be either shifted to the Online/Virtual teaching module or paused until face-to-face courses can be rescheduled.
Frequently Asked Questions
Course Policy Overview
By completing my registration in a Yoga Trinity program, I agree to the following conditions:
- I will not engage in practice if a pre-existing medical condition could be negatively affected by physical activity, including yoga, Pilates, and massage.
- I will seek medical clearance before participating in practice if a pre-existing medical condition exists.
- I will inform the teacher of any pre-existing medical condition or change to my health status before course commencement.
- Acceptance of risk and release from liability: I acknowledge that participation in any physical activity, including yoga, Pilates, and massage, involves a risk of accident, illness, injury, or death. I am voluntarily participating in these activities with full knowledge, understanding and appreciations of the dangers involved. I agree to release and indemnify the teacher from any claim that the teacher is liable for negligence in the event of any accident, illness, injury, or death sustained as a result of participation.
- Deposits are non-refundable once your Online Study has been delivered.
When registering for a course or workshop, I agree to the following policies:
- If you have answered yes to any of the Par-Q questions, are pregnant, or have a medical condition that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity, a signed medical/registration form must be completed and submitted prior to the first practice. Any changes to a medical condition must be advised to your instructor.
- The school will reserve the right to terminate the student’s participation in the course at any time if student safety or wellbeing is compromised.
- Certification will be awarded only after all requirements pertaining to the program have been completed, with due respect given to time limits.
- The school will not be responsible for any loss, injuries or damage sustained during the course of the training or during the student’s private practice.
- The student agrees that no photos, recordings, or videos are to be taken during training without permission from the school and any participants involved.
- The student agrees that all study materials are for their use only and are not to be copied, shared, or distributed.
- The student acknowledges that they have read and agreed to follow the rules outlined in the accompanying Code of Ethics
- All courses are subject to participation. We will confirm courses no later than 4 weeks prior to the event. Future courses cannot be guaranteed. In the event of a course cancellation, you may transfer your registration to the next available training. If you are unable to attend a future training, you will be provided with a refund of your course fees, subtracting the cost of any completed coursework, mentoring, coaching, or attendance at face-to-face or virtual training prior to cancellation.
- Certificates will be awarded upon attendance at all required training days, submission of all coursework, and successful completion of assessment.
- If a circumstance arises (family emergency, illness, Covid-contact) that causes you to miss any face-to-face sessions, you can make up those sessions at another course, or review the video recording of each session and complete a homework study sheet to complete all units missed. If your missed face-to-face hours extend beyond 10% of the face-to-face course hours, you can defer your training to the next available course.
- If a circumstance arises where you are unable to complete your training, you can defer your studies to the next available course.
- Course components must be completed within a 24-month period.
- Each student will undertake a written assessment, a passing grade of 80% is required. You may re-take your assessment if a passing grade is not achieved.
- A deposit is required to secure your place in the course and receive any Early-Bird savings.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable once your Online Study module has been delivered.
- Cancellations or transfers received less than 3 months prior to course commencement may incur an admin fee. Please speak to the course host/coordinator for details prior to submitting your deposit.
- Cancellations or transfers received less than 30 days prior to course commencement are non-refundable.
- Early Bird savings are available only on the full 12-day intensive and cannot be applied to Payment Plans, Module by Module study or course transfers.
- All fees are to be paid prior to course commencement unless a payment plan has been organized with your course coordinator.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer to your course host.
Note: Please carefully consider non-refundable payments prior to commitment.
- All students, staff and facilitators agree to act in accordance with the Code of Ethics outlined below. Any disregard for the safety or wellbeing of course conductors or students, including harassment and sexual misconduct may result in dismissal from the program without refund. For further details on anti-harassment policy please visit https://www.yogaaustralia.org.au/code-of-professional-conduct/ or https://www.yogaalliance.org/About_Us/Policies/AntiHarassmentPolicy
- If you have a complaint about the conduct of a course facilitator, coordinator, staff or assistant teacher, you may direct your complaint to your teacher trainer. If you are unable to make your complaint directly to your teacher trainer, or your complaint is not resolved, please visit https://www.yogaaustralia.org.au/grievance/ or https://www.yogaalliance.org/About_Us/Policies/Grievance_Policy for more information and/or seek further advice.
Harassment Against Members of Protected Class
- We do not permit managers, employees, teachers, independent contractors, students, or
- others in the workplace to harass any other person because of age, gender (including pregnancy),
- race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic
- status, genetic information, or any other basis proscribed by law.
Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- We do not tolerate sexual harassment in our studio. Sexual harassment refers to any unwelcome
- sexual attention, sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal, visual or
- physical conduct of a sexual nature when the conduct harms the person’s employment or
- working environment.
We prohibit sexual misconduct in our studio. Sexual misconduct is any unsolicited and unwelcome
sexual advance including requests for sexual favors, sexual touching, and verbal, visual, or
physical conduct that creates a sexually hostile environment in a yoga class or studio.
While it is not possible to list all the circumstances that may constitute sexual misconduct, the
following are examples of misconduct:
- Sexual advances whether they involve physical touching or not.
- Sexual epithets, jokes, written or verbal references to sexual conduct, gossip regarding
- one’s sex life, comments on an individual’s body, sexual activity, deficiencies, or prowess.
- Displaying sexually suggestive objects, pictures, cartoons.
- Unwelcome leering, whistling, brushing against the body, sexual gestures, suggestive or insulting comments.
- Comments or conjecture about a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Inquiries into one’s sexual activities.
- Sexually oriented asana adjustments or touch.
- Discussion of one’s sexual activities.
Romantic Relationships Between Teachers and Students
Teachers shall not invite, respond to, or allow any sexual or romantic conduct with a student
during the period of the teacher-student relationship.
Code of Ethics
- Uphold the integrity of my vocation by conducting myself in a professional and conscientious manner in my student/client, peer, and business interactions.
- To have respect for my teachers, peers, and students in the spirit of yoga.
- Provide safe and effective instruction, and a clean and comfortable environment for all participants.
- Provide equal and fair treatment to all.
- Make my practice and my continuing education a priority.
- Comply with all country/state business, employment, and copyright laws.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all student information.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice, and refer students to more qualified medical, health, or rehabilitation professionals when necessary.
- Acknowledge all the teachers and traditions that inform our practice, and the land that we practice on.
What if I’ve already done one of the units in this course, is there a discount? Do I get recognition of prior learning?
Yes, if you have previously studied/paid for one or more of the units in this course, you can be credited with course hours (if completed) and the fees paid for the study unit(s). Note, cost credits apply to the cost of the full training only and cannot be applied to sales, early-bird rates or concession rates.
How Long Will It Take Me to Complete This Course?
Our new 350-hour curriculum was designed around meeting a variety of lifestyles, learning styles, and life circumstances, so that you can work at your own pace, in your own time, and complete your certificate in a time-frame that works for you.
If you are eager to dive deep into your studies and complete your certificate, you can begin your Online Study as soon as you register and complete all course components in as little as 3-4 months, and then rely on ongoing support as you begin your teaching practice.
If life commitments are keeping you busy, you can take up to 24 months to complete your course components, and rely on ongoing support throughout your studies and practice.
What Does ‘Registered’ mean?
Yoga Alliance – Upon graduation from the Trinity Yoga Teacher Training program you will automatically be eligible to obtain registration with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level. This will allow you to use the initials RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) after your name, and teach professionally around the world. For more details visit Yoga Alliance
Yoga Australia – Upon completion of this program you can register with Yoga Australia as a Level 1 350-hour member, allowing you to obtain insurance and teach professionally in Australia and many countries internationally. For more details visit Yoga Australia
AUSactive – this program is recognized by AUSactive/Fitness Australia for 15 Continuing Education Credits (CECs). (Affiliated Level 1 350-hour program) For more details visit AUSactive
Upon graduation you will be able to access public liability and professional indemnity insurance. To operate your own yoga business/teaching practice insurance is essential to protect you and your students in case of loss or injury. It is your responsibility as an instructor to ensure that coverage is provided for each class or private session that you instruct. In most cases, to qualify for professional liability insurance you must be registered with Yoga Australia, Yoga Alliance, or another yoga or movement-related organization.
What if I Have to Miss a Session?
Virtual Courses: All Zoom sessions will be recorded, so if you have to miss a virtual workshop a recording will be available for you to review in your own time.
Face-to-Face Courses: If you have to miss a face-to-face session, you can join us for virtual (live Zoom) sessions, or review the virtual recording for that study unit.
• If you have to miss a session or more due to Covid illness, you can join us in virtual sessions, catch up with virtual session recordings, or postpone your training to our next course at no cost.
What if I Can’t Complete the Course?
There are some circumstances in life that we cannot predict, and if an obstacle comes up in your life that causes you to have to discontinue your studies, we can work together to try to assist you in completing the course at another time. This will be dealt with on a “case by case” basis, but know that we will accommodate our teacher trainees to the best of our ability.
Can I Take Just One Module at A Time? Can I Take the Modules in Different Cities?
Absolutely. We understand that not everyone can take large blocks of time away from work and family responsibilities to undertake training. You can take just one module to deepen your practice and begin to explore yoga. Or, you can take modules in different cities at times that work for you. See the Module-by-Module study calendar for more, and please discuss with your course coordinator to plan a schedule that suits your life best.
Do I Have to Be Able to Do Advanced Yoga Poses to Become an Instructor?
Simple answer? No.
Long answer: Students interested in joining a teacher training program often ask me this question, and the answer is quite simple; If you have found yoga to be an important part of your life and your personal growth, if you have a sincere desire to learn, and if you are passionate about bringing all the rewards and experiences of yoga to others then you are a suitable candidate to become a yoga instructor. The process of teacher training will help you to further develop your practice, and perhaps this means that you will be able to safely practice more yoga postures as a result, but more importantly you will learn accessible options to make yoga postures safe and joyful for all participants.
Keep in mind that yoga is not just about the poses, but about a lifelong practice and an intentional state of being that is inclusive, accepting, compassionate and loving. We have had students of ages from 17 to 70 successfully complete the course and go on to become inspiring and successful teachers. To be able to safely demonstrate basic yoga asanas is important but does not exclude teachers of differing levels of skill and ability. What is most important is that you can demonstrate the fundamental principles of yoga on and off the mat.
What if I Don’t Want to Become an Instructor?
Many students come to teacher training to simply deepen their own practice and knowledge of the rich teachings of yoga. Having said that, many of these students discover during the process that they do have a desire to become teachers, but this is not essential. Our pre-requisite for the course is that students have a committed practice and a sincere desire to learn, what you do with your new wisdom and experience is up to you.
I Am Already a Yoga Instructor, But Want to Study and Teach Vinyasa Flow
We welcome yoga teachers from all backgrounds, styles and lineages to take part in the post-graduate 150-hour or 300-hour Post Graduate Yoga Teacher Training.
I Am Not Sure I Want to Commit to the Full Course
If you aren’t sure if teacher training is for you, or if this course is a good fit for you, you can have a ‘taste’ of teacher training with:
If you would like to have a ‘taste’ of yoga teacher training, the 50-hour Vinyasa Flow Foundations program is a great introduction to the teacher training experience.
If you would like to have an exploration of yoga practice and philosophy in a blended face-to-face + online course, join us for the 100-hour Vinyasa Flow Fundamentals program.
If you would like to begin teaching with a shorter course, the 200-hour yoga teacher training will give you all the practice, theory, and skills to begin your teaching practice.
Yoga Trinity offers a wide variety of Continuing Education programs for graduates or teachers who have already completed a 200-hour training. Short Courses include Core Yoga, Mind Body Meditation, Thai Yoga Massage, Ayurveda, and Adjusting, Assisting and Partner Yoga. CEC’s are available with organizations like Yoga Australia, Yoga Alliance, Fitness Australia, and the American Council on Exercise (ACE). For details please contact email@example.com
How to Register:
To apply for admittance to the program, use our online registration tool, or the attached application form. Please answer the questions in the application clearly and honestly. After your application has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a letter confirming your acceptance into the program.
Once you have been admitted to the program, you will immediately have access to your Training Portal to begin your practice and studies.
Study online, or download and save your study materials, including:
- Vinyasa Flow Live Class Video
- Vinyasa Flow Pose by Pose Video
- Practice Log
- Yoga Trinity Vinyasa Flow Teacher Training Manual PDF
- Yoga Philosophy in Daily Life Online Study
- Essential Reading
- A complete list of Online Study requirements
What should I bring to the class?
For face-to-face or live zoom sessions, wear comfortable, stretchy clothing that moves easily with your body. Wear layers to keep you cool during practice, and warm during study hours. Have note-taking materials (pen, paper) and your water bottle.
For face-to-face courses, blankets and props will be provided, but you might like to bring your favourite sitting and meditation props (cushion, eye pillow, weighted blanket).
For zoom courses, ideally have some props (bricks, strap, blanket). If you don’t have these props, a variety of cushions and blankets, a small towel or thin scarf can be useful.
I Still Have Questions…
If you have any questions, concerns, or wish to further discuss your interest in Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training: