Vinyasa Flow Continuing Education for Yoga Instructors
This 150-hour continuing education program is designed for yoga teachers from any background, style or lineage who wish to study, practice, and learn to teach Vinyasa Flow. The course includes a 6-day intensive, plus self-paced Online Study available upon registration, which you can study at your own pace, in your own time. You will be provided with all the resources, materials, and support you need as you explore the foundations of theory and practice, enhance your own personal practice, and develop the skills and techniques essential to teaching a safe, effective, and inspiring Vinyasa Flow class.
What is Vinyasa Flow?
Vinyasa is a ‘progressive flow’, and this program offers an opportunity to progressively develop a yoga practice that offers the benefits of strength, flexibility and balance in an environment of present-moment-focus that will enhance body awareness, posture, mental clarity, and breathwork.
Vinyasa Flow Yoga is grounded in the philosophy and practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, with techniques modified to be more accessible and beneficial for the modern practitioner. This training explores both the rich teachings of the traditional philosophies of yoga and modern movement principles in practice. This course is an ideal continuing education program for those wishing to deepen their personal practice and learn to teach Vinyasa Flow.
6-Day Immersion Program Overview:
Module 1, 6-Days, 51 hours of face-to-face or adapted online training
- Vinyasa Flow Guided Practice
- Discussions and workshops include: Foundations of Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Teaching Skills, Making Yoga Accessible
- Movement Labs and Practicum include: Pose by Pose study of the full Vinyasa Flow sequence, Yoga Pose Labs on modifications, variations, regression and progressions
- Practice teaching each pose, and each pose flow
Module 2, Online Study, 99 hours of self-paced learning
- Personal Practice Log, 15 hours
- Yoga Philosophy in Daily Life Online Study, 25 hours
- Reading & Writing Assignment – Yoga Sutras, 5 hours
- Research and Writing Assignment – Benefits of Yoga, 5 hours
- Ayurveda Basics Online Study, 4 hours
- Mind Body Meditation Online Study, 10 hours
- Asana Study Assignment, 20 hours
- Practice Teaching, 10 hours
- Private Mentoring, 4.5 hours
- Plus, participation in ongoing teacher’s forums on philosophy, anatomy, and teaching skills
Assessment & Completion
- Written assessment, completed online
Aims and Outcomes
It is our aim that when you complete this program you will be able to clearly demonstrate each technique, guide the participant safely through a balanced sequence of postures, and instruct simple breathing exercises. As well, we encourage each Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher in demonstrating the philosophies and ethics of yoga in their practice, personal and professional interactions.
See Upcoming Events for upcoming Continuing Education Training programs
Learn More about the full Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training
Learn More about the facilitator Heather Agnew
Learn More about studying with Yoga Trinity
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Register:
Once your application has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a welcome package, including details on making deposits and/or Early Bird payments. Once your payments and registration are processed, you will have access to your Online Study materials to begin your studies and practice.
- What should I bring to the class? Wear comfortable, stretchy clothing that moves easily with your body. Wear layers to keep you cool during practice, and warm during study hours. Bring note-taking materials (pen, paper), water bottle, lunch/snack.
- Where can I find accommodation? For students traveling from out of the area our course coordinators can recommend accommodation for all budgets.
- Who can study Vinyasa Flow Instructor Intensive? This program is open to yoga teachers from any lineage/style who wish to practice, study, and teach Vinyasa Flow Yoga
- How Many Hours is This Program? This program will give you 150 hours of continuing education study and practice (80.5 contact hours, 69.5 non-contact hours). You can use these CPD credits with Yoga Australia and Yoga Alliance. See your membership organization for more information on CPD awards for renewal and membership upgrades.
- Can I teach Vinyasa Flow Yoga right away after this program? If you are currently registered with a Yoga professional body like Yoga Australia or Yoga Alliance and/or carry professional indemnity insurance yes you can teach Vinyasa Flow Yoga right away.
For Upcoming Vinyasa Flow Intensive dates visit our Events page.
Program fee includes all face-to-face and online course instruction, audio/video practices, teaching manual, assessment, mentoring, and your certificate of completion.
Upon acceptance to this course, a deposit is required to secure your place in the course and receive any Early Bird savings. This deposit is non-refundable once your Online Study Module has been delivered. The remaining fees are to be paid prior to course commencement unless a payment plan has been organized with your course coordinator. Payments can be made by bank transfer.
Note: Please carefully consider non-refundable payments prior to commitment.