Update: Vinyasa Flow Teacher Training Adelaide and Canberra Jan/Feb 2021
I am writing to let you know that myself and my course hosts have made the decision to shift our January and February 2021 face-to-face intensives to the Adapted Online training model.
We’ve been monitoring all the available information from public health sources and travel advisories, and while it is still so very hard to know how things will be evolving in early 2021, we felt it best to have some certainty and allow all teacher trainees to plan ahead without fear of a last-minute change.
If you are registered already in either of these programs, you should have an email in your inbox confirming this change.
As you can imagine I have had a hard time coming to this decision, however, with the current guidance available, I feel that this is making the responsible choice for everyone involved.
Having run the Adapted Online program a few times already, I can assure you that this program is as comprehensive a learning experience as you would have if we were face to face, and in fact offers more resources, and the opportunity to study many of the units at your own pace rather than the intensity of the 9-hour days in the face-to-face program.
The course will run over a series of weekends, rather than the 12-day intensive, allowing you some freedom in your study schedule, and time to process, practice, and integrate each weekend’s teachings.
Below find a few quick notes on what to expect from the Adapted Online Teacher Training includes:
- Self-Paced Online Study you can begin anytime
- 12 Zoom live video workshops so we can see and hear each other in real time
- Recorded Zoom sessions if you miss a day, or want to go back and review
- Bonus workshop on Yoga Business
- 6 one-to-one mentoring sessions where we can work together to develop your practice, discuss your studies, or go into further depth in your unique areas of interest.
- audio lectures that you can take with you to listen anywhere
- practical assignments that you can work on alone, with friends or family, or with a ‘study buddy’ from the course.
- the ability to join in with future courses online or face-to-face anytime to review, refine, and participate
- weekly Zoom Vinyasa Flow classes you can join upon registration
- and, the added bonus of learning to teach yoga online (which looks to be a strong trend for the future!)
The dates we are proposing for the Adapted Online training are as follows:
- Jan 30-31
- Feb 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28
- Mar 13-14
- Mar 24 Yoga Biz discussion
Zoom sessions will take place from 8-11am (Canberra time)
Note: I do aim to continue to offer Zoom guided practice/classes as often as possible for all teacher trainees on Saturday mornings prior to and after the Adapted Online intensive.
For now, I’d just like to give you all an opportunity to process this information, and then I would love to hear from you on how you would like to proceed. Perhaps we can schedule a Zoom meeting some time in the next week or so where we can all get together on the platform and talk about the Adapted Online model, and I can answer any questions or concerns you might have.
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate this challenging time, and please do reach out if you’d like to discuss further.