Sweet and Salty Granola
Someone gave me a jar of this a while back and I devoured it in a day! It took a while, but I finally got around to making it myself recently and it’s already a staple in my pantry. A grain-free sweet and salty granola that is easy to vary for your tastes/needs. Enjoy a bowl for brekki, or pack for a protein-rich snack at work, on a hike etc.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 cups almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300/150 and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Roughly chop almonds and walnuts
- Melt coconut oil, then mix with honey and vanilla
- Toll all nuts with the coconut/honey mix, and spread on the baking tray
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lighly browned
- Remove from the oven and stir through cranberries and salt, then press flat (note, the more firmly you press it, the bigger your granola chunks will be)
- Cool for 20 minutes and then break into chunks and store.
Note 1: You can use pretty much any nuts you like: pecans, cashews, macadamias, pistachios etc.
Note 2: This is a big recipe, if you just want a little granola, halve all your ingredients