Can you eat too much hummus? Last week I found out that, sadly, yes you can. So, needing a break from my fav dip, and having a costco-sized bag of carrots in the crisper, I thought I’d try something different – and this spicy carrot dip is just perfect for these cool winter days, and serves well with veggies, crackers, or how about some warm flatbread right out of the pan?
- 500g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Steam carrots until tender, drain.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and whiz until smooth.
- Chill, then serve with crackers, veggies, flatbread, or as a spread on sandwiches