- 2 300g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup oats
- 1 ½ cups yogurt
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 egg
- 3 spring onions, finely diced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely diced
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp mango & ginger chutney
- Pulse oats in food processor until roughly chopped. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Pulse chickpeas in food processor until roughly chopped, then add ½ cup of yogurt, curry powder, egg, and oats and process until mixed but still coarse.
- Add chickpea mixture to the bowl of oats and mix well with onions, cilantro, and a pinch of salt.
- To form the patties, use about 2 tbsp of mixture and first roll into a ball, then flatten into 2 cm/1 inch thick patties. This recipe makes about 12 patties.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium heat. Cook patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Once cooked, place on a sheet of paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Combine 1 cup yogurt with chutney and mix well.
- Serve patties with yogurt dip and some fresh veggies for a delicious meal. Leftovers are ideal for tomorrow’s lunch!