I’m all about the Tex-Mex dishes lately, with their vibrant colours, spicy flavours, and versatility. This is a new fav that can be used as a dip, topping on salad or burrito bowl, and if you don’t have fresh ears of corn available you can always substitute canned corn.
- 3 ears corn
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Spanish paprika
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Salt to taste
- Brush corn with oil and sprinkle with paprika. Grill corn and jalapeno for about 10 minutes on medium-high, turning regularly until corn is tender with a few blackened kernels, and jalapeno is shrivelled.
- Cut corn kernels off the cob, peel jalapeno skin, remove seeds and finely chop
- Mix together corn, jalapeno, tomatoes, lime juice, black beans, cilantro and red onion in a bowl. Salt to taste.
- Serve as a dip or top a Tex-Mex salad or burrito bowl.