My new favorite raw, vegan, gluten free treat – and sure to be my new go-to yogi potluck dish! Three simple steps to three delish layers of goodness. Seriously – you gotta try these…
- 2 1/2 cups walnuts
- 3 cups Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- Blend dry ingredients in food processor until crumbly, add dates a few at a time and continue blending until gooey and chewy.
- Press firmly into a square baking tin lined with baking paper.
Salted Caramel Layer
- 3/4 cup pure coconut cream
- 1/2 cup dates or 8 large Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Blend all ingredients in the small bowl of your food processor until creamy.
- Pour onto the chocolate base and refrigerate for an hour or until set.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, room temperature
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- Mix the melted oil and cacao in a bowl, then blend in the cream and maple syrup. The maple cause the chocolate to seize a little, which helps it to firm up.
- While mix is still warm and pliable, spread the chocolate over the caramel with the back of a spoon or a palette knife. Refrigerate until set.