This is a great recipe for those who are gluten free/wheat free/grain free but are missing out on pizza night. Serves great alongside a fresh salad. Enjoy!
- 2lb (.9kg) potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried basil (or fresh if you’ve got it)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grated cheese (mozzeralla, parmesan, cheddar etc) to taste
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 425 (220)
- Toss potatoes with red pepper, onion, herbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil, and layer on a baking sheet to form the crust.
- Bake for 15-30 minutes or until potatoes are slightly crisp.
- Top with cheese and cherry tomatoes and bake until cheese is bubbly.
A Few Notes:
- If you want your potato crust extra crispy, parboil the potatoes before baking
- Serves well alongside a crisp salad with some acidity in the dressing to cut the gooiness of the cheese.
- What is 2lb of potatoes? 2-3 large, or 5-6 small