Homemade granola is easy to make and very versatile, allowing you to add any nuts or dried fruit as you wish. A healthy and nutritious breakfast served with milk or yogurt, or on its own as a great protein-rich snack.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp plain flour (gluten free if you prefer)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dried fruit (optional)
- ½ cup maple syrup (can use honey)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300/150.
- Line a large rimmed baking pan with baking paper.
- Mix together oats, flour and nuts in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to oat mixture and mix well to coat.
- Spread mixture on baking pan and bake, stirring occasionally to break up any lumps.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes, until a golden brown and dry to the touch.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.