This month I got a huge basket of lemons from a friend and wasn’t sure what to make, so I reached out for ideas on Facebook. A few lemon meringue pies (for now) and some limoncello (for later) and I still had a few extra lemons, so Melanie Hansen shared her delish Lemon and Coconut Balls with me. Unfortunately, I didn’t have all the ingredients that she suggested, so like usual I improvised…and it was delicious. This is my favorite kind of yogi recipe; healthy, tasty, and adaptable.
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp flax or chia seeds
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Approx ½ cup extra shredded coconut for rolling
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender or food processor and blend until well combined. Roll into bite-sized balls and roll through shredded coconut.
- Keep in fridge or freezer until all gone
Tip – to get extra coconut to stick on your balls, pop it in the food processor until more finely shredded.
(Melanie’s Warning: they may not last long, and she was right! For the ‘real’ recipe check out www.melaniehansen.com.au)