Halloumi cheese is a delicious and hearty addition to these vegetable kebabs, and the chilli-lime marinade brings the zing.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- juice of two limes
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 fresh red chillis, finely chopped (add or reduce as per your taste)
- 400-500g halloumi cheese, cubed
- 2 bell peppers (capsicum), cubed
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into 1” rounds
- 500g cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- Mix all marinade ingredients together, set aside.
- Cut your vegetables and cheese and put into a large container with a lid. Pour the marinade over the vegetables and cheese, mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When you are ready to get cooking, thread the vegetables onto skewers, alternating between halloumi, peppers, zucchini, tomatoes and onions.
- Cook the kebabs on barbecue or grill, regularly brushing them with the remaining marinade.
Note: I usually thread the veggies and cheese first, then let them soak in the marinade on the sticks.