Grad Rachel sent me this a while ago and I’m keen to use this recipe for this year’s hand-made-with-love holiday gift baskets. This decadent body butter is great for all skin types, and it smells so good you’ll want to taste it!
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 hemp oil
- 1/4 apricot oil
- 20 drops essential oil (orange, mint, or even try vanilla extract)
- Place shea butter and oils in a non-reactive bowl over a pot of simmering water (or a double boiler if you have one) and stir until melted and well-combined.
- Place in fridge for about an hour until white and solid.
- Use a stand-mixer or hand-mixer to beat oils until they are fluffy, at least 5 minutes.
- Add essential oil and beat well to incorporate.
- Fill small containers with your body butter and refrigerate for about an hour to set.
Keeps well for 6 months, but do note that in temperatures above 30 degrees it may separate due to the coconut oil so in hot climates keep it in the fridge.