This hearty and nutritious soup is full of flavour, and full of some our favorite super-foods. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800ml diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 can chick peas, drained
- 300g spinach (or kale, silver-beet etc) chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ cup quinoa
- Grated Parmesan cheese optional
Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan, add onion, zucchini, and garlic and sauté for 6-8 minutes or until just softened. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, chick peas and quinoa. Bring to a boil then lower heat, simmering for 10 minutes. Add chopped spinach and cook for a minute or two or until greens are wilted. Season with salt and pepper, and serve hot with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.