This bisque-type soup is super easy to make, has a delicious flavor, and is perfect for these cooler autumn evenings – and make enough to take to lunch tomorrow!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 8-10 large carrots, chopped into ½ inch rounds
- spring water
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and pinch of salt. Saute for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add carrots and enough water to just cover vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, season with salt and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are very soft.
- Puree the soup until smooth, then add coconut milk and cinnamon.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish and serve.