Sun Salutations Online Education for Movement Professionals
- 8-hour Sun Salutations yoga course for yoga, fitness, Pilates, and mind-body movement professionals.
- Online and On-Demand
- Continuing Education Credits: 8 CEUs Yoga Alliance/YACEP, 8 CPDs Yoga Australia, 3 CECs AUSactive
- Study online, or download and save your study materials and study offline.
Study, practice, and learn to teach Sun Salutations Online. This 8-hour continuing education program is designed for mind-body movement professionals from all backgrounds who wish to share this dynamic, fluid, mindful movement practice in their group classes, personal training sessions, yoga classes, or add to any movement practice.
Learn to Teach Sun Salutations
Sun Salutations are a mind-body movement practice that combines dynamic flow, strengthening and stretching techniques, conscious breathing, and mindful awareness in a flow that aims to warm and mobilize muscles and joints, enhance cardio-respiratory fitness, improve strength, flexibility, balance, and body awareness.
Who Can Teach Sun Salutations?
Sun Salutations can be shared by fitness, yoga, Pilates, or mind-body movement professionals in fitness environments, yoga or Pilates studios, or personal training sessions.
Who Can Practice Sun Salutations?
Suited to the general population, Sun Salutations can be modified to meet the needs of a wide range of participants in a wide range of environments. From fitness centers to yoga studios to outdoor settings, the practice can be adapted to meet varying levels of fitness, balance, & body-awareness.
Why Sun Salutations?
Sun Salutations can be used in any yoga, Pilates, movement, or fitness program as a warm up, cardio-respiratory unit, flexibility unit, and to add mind-body awareness to any movement practice.
This mind-body sequence complements any movement practice by providing a progressive flow that moves through a range of motion, activating key core muscles, building strength, endurance, stamina, balance, mobility, rhythm and timing.
This program will assist you in exploring the foundations of theory and practice, enhancing your own personal practice, and developing skills and techniques essential to teaching a safe and effective Sun Salutation flow as part of your mind-body-movement classes, fitness programs, or personal training sessions.
It is our aim that when you complete this program you will be able to guide the general participant safely through three forms of Sun Salutations with three levels of intensity, and maintain a focus on breath, form, and body awareness. As well, we encourage each instructor in demonstrating the philosophies of yoga in their practice, teaching, and professional and personal interactions.
What is Included in the Program Package?
- 54-page PDF Trinity Vinyasa Flow Workbook
- Lesson plans to guide your studies
- Sun Salutations Live Practice Video
- 10 Pose by Pose Videos
- 3 Sun Salutation Flow Study Videos
- Multiple Choice Assessment
PayPal – use any credit card safely and securely
Bundle and Save: Order Core Yoga & Sun Salutations together and save 15% (Save $61.50)
How Long Will It Take Me to Complete the Program?
We estimate the study, practice, and practice teaching will take about 8 hours.
Who Can Study Sun Salutations?
Yoga Instructors, Personal Trainers, Fitness Instructors, Pilates Instructors
Can I Get CPDs/CECs for completing the program?
Yes, you can use this course to obtain CPDs/CECs with Yoga Alliance, Yoga Australia, and Fitness Australia. If you belong to another yoga or fitness organization, speak to them directly about using this program towards continuing education credits.
- Yoga Alliance: 8 CEUs
- Yoga Australia: 8 CPDs
- AUSactive: 3 CECs
Can I teach Sun Salutations right away after this program?
If you are already a registered yoga, Pilates or fitness professional yes you can teach right away under your current professional cover. If you do not carry professional certification/registration, you will require a minimum of 200 hours of Yoga Teacher Training or your Certificate III in fitness before you can teach professionally. For details visit your national yoga or fitness organization.
How is the Program Assessed?
A quiz, practice log of 8 practice sessions, and self-assessment of 5 practice teaching sessions.
I have already studied Vinyasa Flow, will this course suit me?
If you have already completed a Trinity Vinyasa Flow training, this course covers the same ground as the Sun Salutations you studied previously. Keep an eye out for some distance education training options giving you more variations and explorations of Sun Salutations.
Are There Any Ongoing Fees?
No, there are no licensing fees or ongoing costs, no certification renewals required for this course.
Areas of Study
- Technical Study: 10 Techniques; 3 Pose Flows, 3 Levels of Intensity
- Teaching Skills: Cuing and Correcting, Regressions and Progressions, Helpful Props
- Accessibility: Practice Guidelines, Referral Systems, Risk Management, Special Populations
- Philosophy: Foundations of Vinyasa Flow, How We Teach, Code of Ethics
- Practice Teaching: Practice teaching each flow, each level of intensity.
Is this Program a Yoga Teacher Training?
No, this program is a continuing education program for those who have a background and certification in movement instruction. If you wish to become a Registered Yoga Instructor, a minimum of 200-hours registered training is required. For details see our Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training, or visit your national yoga membership/registration body.
- You have 24 months to complete your coursework – but we recommend completing the coursework, practice, and practice teaching within a 4-8 week period to ensure best learning and retention.
- Once your order is processed and training portal details have been provided, the program is non-refundable.
- If you do not complete your coursework within the 24-month coursework period, you can purchase a 3-month coursework extension period.
- If a technical issue exists in any course materials, we are happy to resend your materials.
- If you choose not to complete the program, it may not be transferred to another person.
- If a student does not complete the coursework with a passing grade of 80%, they are able to retake the assessment at any time.
- Certificates are awarded upon successful completion of the course assessment.