Compliment your yoga or mind-body-movement teaching with efficient, intelligent, and creative sequencing and theming for yoga and integrative, multi-disciplinary movement classes.
This 15-hour course explores a variety of approaches to sequencing and theming, highlighting student-focused sequencing, time management, inclusive, intentional, and accessible design, and a balance of routine and variety. This course focuses on efficient and effective design strategies so you can spend less time sequencing and more time teaching.
The aim of this course is to provide you with principles and practices to create your own basic class structures, simple techniques to bring variety and creativity to your classes, and incorporate any/all of the yoga styles, lineages, systems, and movement forms that you teach in an integrative and innovative practice.
Your course includes a study workbook, video discussion, helpful charts and sample sequences, and a guided study through philosophies, strategies, and foundations for sequencing and theming.
You can study online and/or download all your study materials and keep them forever.
Areas of Study
- 8 Limbs of Progressive Practice
- How We Teach – 10 Key Elements
- Role of a Teacher
- Sequencing & Program Design
- Simple Tips
- Choosing to Focus
- Pairing Poses
- Sequencing in 3 Steps
- Balancing Routine and Variety
- Sequencing Switch-Up
- Sample Classes
- Theming with anatomy, philosophy, poetry, and more.
Your Study Package includes:
- 40-page Sequencing & Theming PDF Workbook
- 102-minute Sequencing & Theming Video
- PowerPoint Study Flow
- Sequencing Switch-Up Chart
- Sequencing and Teaching Logs/Journals
• E-Transfer (Australia and Canada only)
• PayPal – use any credit card safely and securely
Who Can Study Sequencing & Theming?
Yoga Teachers from any background, style, lineage.
What style of yoga does this sequencing address?
The course is more focused on Vinyasa or Flow Yoga; however, the principles and strategies can be applied to any yoga style, or multi-modalities for teachers wishing to share multidisciplinary practices.
Does this course give you sequences to follow?
Yes, a few. However, this is not a course where you copy/paste someone else’s sequences, but an opportunity to develop your own framework for your sequencing – using your own creativity, focusing your classes on your unique students and their unique needs and goals.
- Technique & Practice: 8 hours
- Teaching Methodology: 2.5 hours
- Anatomy & Physiology: .5 hours
- Philosophy, Lifestyle, Ethics: 1 hour
- Practicum: 3 hours
Can I get professional development credits for completing the program?
Yes, you can use this course to obtain CPDs to renew your Yoga Alliance membership, and to renew and upgrade your Yoga Australia membership. If you belong to another yoga, fitness, or coaching organization, speak to them directly about using this program towards continuing education credits.
• Yoga Alliance: 15 CEUs
• Yoga Australia: 15 CPDs
• AUSactive: affiliated education 15 non-contact hours
How is the Program Assessed?
Coursework submissions of 3 sequences and 3 practice teaching journals.
About Yoga Trinity
Since 2006 Yoga Trinity has been delivering yoga teacher training and continuing education programs to yoga, Pilates, meditation, and fitness professionals in both face-to-face and online trainings. We are enthusiastic about continuing to share comprehensive trainings that blend the rich teachings of traditional yoga with the modern study of movement and make continuing education training inclusive and accessible.
• There is no required timeframe for completing the program – work at your own pace.
• If a technical issue exists in any course materials, we are happy to resend your materials or provide alternative links.
• Once your training package has been delivered the program is non-refundable.
• If you choose not to complete the program, it may not be transferred to another person.
• Certificates are awarded upon successful completion of the coursework submissions.