Vinyasa Flow Online Yoga CEC Course
- 40-hour Vinyasa Flow Yoga course for yoga, fitness, Pilates, and mind-body movement professionals.
- Continuing Education Credits: 40 CEUs Yoga Alliance/YACEP, 40 CPDs Yoga Australia, 15 CECs AUSactive
- Study online, or download and save your study materials and study offline.
Vinyasa Flow is a mind-body movement practice that combines dynamic flow, strengthening and stretching techniques, conscious breathing, mindful awareness, and relaxation in a comprehensive practice that aims to improve strength, stamina, balance, mobility, posture and body awareness.
Suitable for the general population, Vinyasa Flow is an accessible, adaptable, and inclusive mind-body-movement practice.
Since 2006 Yoga Trinity has delivered successful Vinyasa Flow Instructor Training programs to yoga teachers and fitness professionals in face-to-face trainings, and we are now making this program more accessible with a Distance Education module including an online training course or a correspondence training course. We are enthusiastic about continuing to bridge the gap between fitness and yoga, and make continuing education training more affordable and accessible.
It is our aim that when you complete this program you will be able to clearly demonstrate each movement, guide the general participant safely through a balanced sequence of techniques, and instruct simple breath-work exercises. As well, we encourage each Vinyasa Flow instructor in demonstrating the philosophies of Vinyasa Flow in their practice, and professional and personal interactions.
Who Can Study Vinyasa Flow? Yoga Instructors, Personal Trainers, Fitness Instructors, Pilates Instructors, and Mind-Body Movement professionals.
How Long Will It Take Me to Complete the Program? Approximately 40 hours.
What is Included in this Online/Downloadable Program Package?
- Vinyasa Flow PDF Workbook
- Vinyasa Flow Live Class video (75 minutes)
- Vinyasa Flow Pose by Pose video (44 techniques)
- Self-Assessed Practice Teaching Forms
- Multiple Choice Quiz
Areas of Study
• Technical Study: 44 Techniques; Pose by Pose Study, Breathwork, Guiding Relaxation.
• Theory and Methodology: Cuing and Correcting, Regressions and Progressions, Helpful Props, Special Populations, Practice Guidelines, Marketing and Managing Group Classes.
• Anatomy and Physiology: Vinyasa Flow Anatomy Basics.
• Philosophy: Foundations of Vinyasa Flow, Five Core Concepts, How We Teach, Code of Ethics.
• Practicum: Teaching Group Sessions including physical postures and breathwork.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Get CPDs/CECs for completing the program?
- Yoga Alliance 40 CEUs
- Yoga Australia 40 CPDs
- AUSactive 15 CECs
If you belong to another yoga or fitness organization, speak to them directly about using this program towards continuing education credits.
Bundle and Save: Looking for more training credits? Get a 15% discount when you bundle Vinyasa Flow and Core Yoga for 70-hours of training. Yoga Alliance 70 CEUs, Yoga Australia 70 CPDs, AUSactive 22 CECs.
Can I teach right away after this program?
If you are already a registered yoga, Pilates or fitness professional yes you can teach right away under your current professional cover. If you do not carry certification as a yoga or fitness professional, you will require a minimum of 200 hours of Yoga Teacher Training or your Certificate 3 in Fitness before you can teach professionally. For details on current standards visit www.yogaaustralia.org.au or www.ausactive.org.au
How is the Program Assessed?
There is a multiple-choice quiz as well as a practice teaching element. The practice teaching is self-assessed – this means that you find some volunteers and practice teaching 5 Vinyasa Flow classes with a variety of people, and then go through the practice teaching journal to self-assess how things went i.e. what flowed, what didn’t flow, what needs more practice, and what was your volunteer’s feedback.
How Can I Use This Program?
You are welcome to teach this sequence as it is instructed in the course, or blend the movements into any mind-body movement class, private training session, or movement training session. There are no rules about how you can use this program, no ‘set choreography’, and we welcome you to use your knowledge, experience, and creativity with Vinyasa Flow to create balanced and effective programming for your clients.
Are There Any Ongoing Fees?
No, there are no licensing fees, no ongoing costs, and no certification renewals required for this program. Download, save, and keep all your study materials including videos and training workbook.
Is this Program a Yoga Teacher Training?
No, this program is a continuing education program for those who have a background and certification in movement instruction. If you wish to become a Registered Yoga Instructor, a minimum of 200-hours registered training is required. For details see our Vinyasa Flow Yoga Teacher Training
- You have 24 months to complete your coursework – but we recommend completing the coursework, practice, and practice teaching within a four to eight-week period to ensure best learning and retention.
- If a technical issue exists, alternative links will be provided at not cost.
- Once the program package has been received, the program is non-refundable.
• If you choose not to complete the program, you may not transfer the program certificate to another person.
- If a student does not complete the coursework with a passing grade of 80%, they are able to retake the assessment at any time.
- Certificates are awarded only after receipt of all coursework including practice teaching journals and completed course assessment.
- If you do not complete your coursework within the 24-month coursework period, you can purchase a 3-month coursework extension period.
There are no reviews yet.