200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Australia
200-hour blended face-to-face + online yoga teacher training
Upcoming study options include:
- 200-hour Online YTT
- 200-hour Blended Face-to-Face + Online YTT Canberra
- 200-hour Blended Face-to-Face + Online YTT Gawler
Since 2006 Yoga Trinity has completed over 50 successful Yoga Teacher Training programs and continues to support over 1,000 yoga teachers in their ongoing practice, study, and teaching. Our program continues to evolve and grow, and we look forward to continuing to share an accessible, inclusive, evidence-based, heart-centered program with yogis of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. I hope you will join us!
This program gives you the opportunity to dive deeply into the philosophy, practice, and teaching of Vinyasa Flow yoga, to develop your practice, find your unique voice, and become a confident and skillful 200-hour yoga teacher.
Your training will include guided yoga practice, workshops in technical study, philosophy, anatomy, teaching methodology, and practical teaching experience, as well as areas of study that will expand your understanding of the philosophies and practices of yoga.
Your program also includes a comprehensive training portal with online study, video resources, webinars, writing assignments, and personal practice all designed to help you in your studies, practice, teaching, and your yoga business. You can access your training portal as soon as you register, allowing you to dive into your studies straight away.
- 15 Face-to-Face workshops
- Training Portal: self-paced online study you can begin anytime
- One-to-one mentoring sessions
- Audio discussions that you can take with you to listen anywhere
- Practical assignments to explore on your own, with friends, family, or fellow teacher trainees
- Ongoing virtual events including yoga classes, group coaching, and Philosophy Club discussions which you can join live or recorded
200-Hour Online Self-Study Yoga Teacher Training Includes:
- Vinyasa Flow Sequence and Pose by Pose study
- Anatomy Basics
- Breathwork Study
- Energetic Anatomy
- Listening/Reading & Writing Assignments in philosophy, teaching skills, accessibility, and ethics.
- Teaching Skills and Strategies
- Yoga Business Basics
- Yoga Philosophy in Daily Life
- Ongoing Learning: Group Coaching, Philosophy Club, Virtual Yoga Classes
- Mentoring one-to-one with lead trainer Heather Agnew
- Coursework and assessment include writing assignments, worksheets, quizzes, and recorded practice teaching.
Access your study materials through the online Training Portal or download and save your materials to study offline and save your workbook, videos, and study materials forever.
- YTT200 Teaching Manual
- Vinyasa Flow Workbook
- Yoga Philosophy Workbook
- Energetic Anatomy Workbook
- Anatomy Basics Workbook
- Practice with Live Class video, Virtual Yoga classes
- Study with pose-by-pose videos
- Explore anatomy with videos and slide decks
- Audio discussions on yoga philosophy, practice, teaching
- Extras include: sample business forms, sample CV, audio Sanskrit glossary, short practices and podcasts, printable consent cards, sample sequences, yoga trinity cookbook.
Upon completion, register as a yoga professional with:
- Yoga Alliance, RYT-200 learn more
- AUSactive, 200-hour yoga teacher, 15 CECs learn more
- Yoga Australia, provisional 200-hour learn more
Course Fees, Discounts, Payment Plans 200-Hour Blended Yoga Teacher Training:
- Course fee: 2,285
- Early bird: 2,000 Early Bird
- Concession: 1,800
Discount and Payment Plans:
- Early Bird Savings: please submit your application and course deposit prior to the Early Bird Savings deadline.
- Concessions: open to concession card holders.
- Payment Plans: Yes, we are open to creating a payment plan that works for you. The most common option is deposit + 8 fortnightly payments.
- Course fees payable by bank transfer, credit card, or Wise (domestic or international transfer)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who Can Study 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training?
Participants of all ages and backgrounds who have a regular practice and who wish to deeply explore yoga philosophy, practice, and technique, and become a Registered Yoga Teacher.
- What if I don’t want to teach professionally?
Many students come to teacher training to simply deepen their own practice and knowledge of the rich teachings of yoga. Having said that, many of these students discover during the process that they do have a desire to become teachers, but this is not essential. Our pre-requisite for the course is that students have a committed practice and a sincere desire to learn, what you do with your new knowledge and experience is up to you.
- What Happens When I Register/Order?
Once your registration is received you will have immediate access to your Training Portal to begin your practice and studies. You will also be able to download and save all your study materials to study offline and keep your materials forever. You can register now here
- How long will it take me to complete this course?
-Our new curriculum was designed around meeting a variety of lifestyles, learning styles, and life circumstances, so that you can work at your own pace, in your own time, and complete your certificate in a timeframe that works for you.
-If you are eager to dive deep into your studies and complete your certificate you can complete all course components and your certificate of completion in a few months and then rely on ongoing support through one-to-one mentoring and group coaching for min. one year as you begin your teaching practice.
-If life commitments are keeping you busy, you can take up to 24 months to complete your course components and rely on ongoing support throughout your studies and practice.
- Can I teach yoga right away after completing this course?
Absolutely. Once you have completed all your course components you can register as a yoga professional, obtain insurance, and begin teaching professionally.
- What if I’ve already done one of the units in this course, is there a discount? Do I get recognition of prior learning?
Yes, if you have previously studied/paid for one or more of the units in this course, you can be credited with course hours (if completed) and the fees paid for the study unit(s). Note, RPL credits apply to the cost of the full training only and cannot be applied to early-bird or concession rates.
- Do I have to be able to do advanced yoga poses to become a teacher?
Simple answer? No. Long answer: Students interested in joining a teacher training program often ask me this question, and the answer is quite simple; If you have found yoga to be an important part of your life and your personal growth, if you have a sincere desire to learn, and if you are passionate about bringing all the rewards and experiences of yoga to others then you are a suitable candidate to become a yoga instructor. The process of teacher training will help you to further develop your practice, and perhaps this means that you will be able to safely practice more yoga postures as a result, but more importantly you will learn accessible options to make yoga postures safe and joyful for all participants.
-Keep in mind that yoga is not just about the poses, but about a lifelong practice and an intentional state of being that is inclusive, accepting, compassionate and loving. We have had students of ages from 17 to 70 successfully complete the course and go on to become inspiring and successful teachers. To be able to safely demonstrate basic yoga asanas is important but does not exclude teachers of differing levels of skill and ability. What is most important is that you can demonstrate the fundamental principles of yoga on and off the mat.
- I’m not sure if yoga teacher training is for me
If you want to have a ‘taste’ of Yoga Teacher Training to learn a bit about philosophy, practice, and teaching, and see if this program is right for you, you can join us for the 50-hour Vinyasa Flow Foundations ‘taster’ module to begin to explore the yoga teaching journey.
- What does it mean to be registered?
• Yoga Alliance – Upon completion of this program you can register with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level. This will allow you to use the initials RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher), obtain insurance, and teach professionally around the world.
• Yoga Australia – Upon completion of this program you can register as a provisional member, allowing you to obtain insurance teach professionally in Australia in many countries internationally.
• AUSactive (Fitness Australia) – Upon completion of this program you can add Yoga Teacher to your AUSactive membership and earn 15 CECs for existing AUSactive members.
- How do I get insurance?
Upon graduation you will be able to access public liability and professional indemnity insurance. To operate your own yoga business/teaching practice insurance is essential to protect you and your students in case of loss or injury. It is your responsibility as an instructor to ensure that coverage is provided for each class or private session that you instruct.
- Continuing Education/Training Upgrades
Should you ever wish to continue in your Yoga Teacher Training journey you can build on the foundation of what you have learned during this course. If you want more face-to-face or adapted online training, join us for the 150-hour or 300-hour Post Graduate Immersion. If you want further online self-study, join us for the 300-hour Post Graduate Self-Study program.
- I am already a yoga teacher but want to study and teach Vinyasa Flow
We welcome yoga teachers from all backgrounds, styles and lineages to take part in the post-graduate 150-hour or 300-hour Post Graduate Yoga Teacher Training.
I have more questions: Contact email@example.com anytime to chat further about teacher training options.