- This event has passed.
Core Yoga Instructor Training
February 1, 2019 @ 8:00 am - February 5, 2019 @ 4:30 pm$800 – $850
Core Yoga Instructor Training Intensive Canberra
Study, practice, and learn to teach a dynamic Yoga/Pilates fusion
Designed for yoga teachers, fitness professionals, and Pilates instructors, in this five-day continuing education program, you will study, practice, and learn to teach a full 75-minute Core Yoga class. Core Yoga blends the traditional principles and techniques of yoga with the modern precision of Pilates for a dynamic and inspiring class that aims to;
- strengthen and stretch
- improve mobility and stability
- enhance posture and body awareness
- reduce tension and stress
- build strength and support in the abdomen and low back
- promote mindfulness in movement for overall health and wellbeing
Core Yoga is a body/mind fusion that blends strength, stamina, mobility, breathwork, and meditation, offering movements from both the yoga and Pilates traditions. Core Yoga utilizes Vinyasas (flow) connecting elements to link together a sequence of movements that not only bring strength and mobility to the body, but as each individual develops their practice a more dynamic flow will ensure that there is a cardiovascular component to the program as well.
Core Yoga is our most popular studio class; it is accessible, adaptable, and students enjoy receiving both the mind-body benefits of yoga, as well as the core control and dynamic strengthening that the modern practice of Pilates offers. Suitable for all levels of fitness, in particular a great class for students who have difficulty getting up and down off the floor, but are still looking for a dynamic practice.
Who Can Study Core Yoga?
This post-graduate course is open to yoga instructors, personal trainers, fitness instructors, and mind-body movement professionals interested in diversifying their teaching and sharing the benefits of mindful movement.
In this course you will learn:
- 5 core concepts
- An introduction to the history of yoga and Pilates
- Anatomy for core yoga
- Cuing, correcting and adapting techniques
- Progressions, regressions, modifications and special populations
- The business of core yoga and the role of a teacher.
Course materials included in your intensive fees:
- Core Yoga training manual
- Core Yoga Live Class DVD/video download
- Core Yoga Pose by Pose DVD/video download
Location: UC Fit, University of Canberra, Bldg 4 University North Drive, Bruce, 2617
Dates: Fri Feb 1 to Tues Feb 5, 2019
- Earlybird: $800 on or before Jan 3, 2019
- Full: Deposit $250 upon registration, $600 at course commencement
Learn more about Core Yoga
Learn more about the facilitator, Heather Agnew
Learn more about studying with Yoga Trinity
Events ListUpcoming Events
May 30, 2020 @ 8:00 am - July 12, 2020 @ 11:00 am
May 30, 2020 @ 8:00 am - June 21, 2020 @ 11:00 am
January 26, 2021 @ 8:00 am - February 6, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
January 26, 2021 @ 8:00 am - January 27, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
January 26, 2021 @ 8:00 am - January 31, 2021 @ 5:00 pm