- This event has passed.
Core Yoga Instructor Distance Education
November 3, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Core Yoga is a Yoga/Pilates fusion class that blends the dynamic flow of Vinyasa Yoga with the precise techniques of Pilates to create a dynamic experience of mindful movement and meditation in motion. Core Yoga combines breath, awareness, core strengthening and stretching to strengthen, stretch and streamline the body, calm and focus the mind, improve breathing and posture habits, and cultivate a state of active relaxation in everyday life. Suitable for all levels, and ideal for reducing low back pain, managing stress, improving posture, and building a foundation for ideal health, fitness and vitality.
Since 2009 Yoga Trinity has delivered successful Core Yoga Instructor Training programs to yoga teachers and fitness professionals in a live format, and we are now making it more accessible with a Distance Education module. We are enthusiastic about continuing to bridge the gap between fitness and yoga, and make continuing education training more affordable and accessible.
It is our aim that when you complete this program you will be able to clearly demonstrate each movement, guide the general participant safely through a balanced sequence of techniques, and instruct simple breath-work exercises. As well, we encourage each Core Yoga instructor in demonstrating the philosophies of Yoga and Pilates in their practice, and professional and personal interactions.
Who Can Study Core Yoga?
Yoga Instructors, Personal Trainers, Fitness Instructors, Pilates Instructors
How Long Will It Take Me to Complete the Program?
We estimate the study, practice, and practice teaching will take about 30 hours.
What is Included in the Program Package?
Trinity Core Yoga Level 1 Workbook
Trinity Core Yoga Live Class DVD
Trinity Core Yoga Pose by Pose DVD
Documented Practice Teaching Forms
Multiple Choice Assessment
How Do I Get CPDs/CECs for completing the program?
The program is recognized by Fitness Australia for 15 CECs and will give you 15 CPDs with Yoga Australia. If you belong to another yoga or fitness organization, speak to them directly about using this program towards continuing education credits.
Areas of Study
Technical Study: Postures, Breathwork, Relaxation, Cueing, Group Teaching.
Theory and Methodology: Cuing and Correcting Skills, Marketing and Managing Group Classes.
Anatomy and Physiology: Core Yoga Anatomy.
Philosophy: Five Core Concepts, History of Yoga, History of Pilates, Code of Ethics.
Practicum: Teaching Group Sessions including physical postures and breathwork.
There is no required timeframe for completing the program – work at your own pace – but we recommend completing the coursework, practice, and practice teaching within a four-week period to ensure best learning and retention.
- Once the program package has been received and opened, the program is non-refundable.
- If you choose not to complete the program, you may not transfer the program certificate to another person.
- If a student does not complete the coursework with a passing grade of 80%, they are able to retake the assessment at any time.
- If a technical issue exists in any course materials ie: DVD, replacements will be shipped at no cost.
- Should a student wish to undertake the Live Training they are able to do so at the usual course cost minus the cost of the distance education program ($850 – $249 = $601)
- Certificates are awarded only after receipt of all coursework including practice teaching journals and completed course assessment.
Payment Options: Electronic Transfer, Paypal