I know, I’ve said this before, but this time I really mean it – this is the best zucchini recipe I’ve ever tried!
- 1-2 medium zucchini
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 375/190
- Slice a bit off each zucchini lengthwise to make two flat sides, then use your vegetable peeler to create long flat strips (zoodles)
- Combine ricotta, parmesan, egg, garlic, and half the basil, add salt and pepper to taste
- Lay two strips of zucchini side by side lengthwise, then lay two strips across the middle, perpendicular to the first strips so that you have a cross shape. Put a scoop (2-3 tbsp) of the ricotta mix in the middle of the zucchini, then fold the top strips down, then the right side, then fold the bottom strips up, and finally the left side, so now you have a zucchini package – place seam-side down in a large baking pan, and repeat with the rest of your zucchini and ricotta mix.
- Pour tomato sauce over the zucchini raviolis, top with grated mozzarella, and bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is starting to brown.
- Top with remaining basil, some fresh parmesan, and serve.