- This event has passed.
Adjusting, Assisting, and Partner Yoga
March 3 @ 8:00 am - March 4 @ 5:00 pm
Hands On Adjusting Workshop for Yoga Teachers
This 2-day post-graduate yoga continuing education program is focused on alignment, touch, and developing confidence and awareness in bringing hands-on adjusting into your teaching practice. It is our aim in this program that you not only learn a variety of hands-on techniques, but also learn how to create and customize both hands-on and hands-off techniques to best meet the needs of your students in both group and private yoga sessions.
Confidence in Hands On Adjusting
The program is focused on increasing your confidence in providing safe, effective, and awareness-oriented hands on adjusting techniques, and will include exploration of alignment, non-contact adjusting, technical adjusts, deepening assists, and playful partner yoga.
6 Areas of Study:
- Exploring Alignment – Seeing into the Essence
- Non-Contact Adjusting – Refining Your Cuing
- Influential Contact – Cultivating Feel, Awareness, Responsiveness
- Hands-On Adjustments – Architectural Adjusting
- Assisting Yoga Postures – Deepening and Developing
- Partner Yoga – The Yoga of Relationship
Aims and Outcomes
- Develop and enhance your awareness of alignment
- Practice ‘seeing’ into each posture and each individual
- Cultivate and refine cuing for the subtle and gross alignment of each posture
- Learn and practice simple touch to encourage awareness and activation
- Practice hands on adjustments that will enhance alignment, promote safety, and support the flow of prana
- Practice assists that will deepen and challenge the experience of the pose
- Partner Yoga techniques that enhance communication, give you support as you explore more advanced techniques, and bring a playful element into your practice.
Open to: yoga teachers from all backgrounds, styles, and lineages (minimum 200-hour certification)
Continuing Education Credits: Yoga Australia 16 CPDs, Yoga Alliance 16 CPDs
Register before Jan 24 and save $50
Learn more about studying with Yoga Trinity
Learn more about the facilitator, Heather Agnew
Learn more about Adjusting & Assisting Workshop programs with Yoga Trinity