Yogi Recipes – Mexican Tofu Bowl
A quick and easy mid-week vegan meal, high in protein, fibre, and so tasty! Serves 4
• 2 tbsp oil
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• ½ tsp chilli powder
• 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 wedges
• 350-400 g extra firm tofu, cut into chunks
• 2 tsp paprika
• 1 cup rice, cooked
• 1-2 avocados, sliced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• ¼ cup coriander, chopped (optional)
• 1 small chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
• Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add onion and cook until tender, then add garlic, cumin, chilli powder, and black beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until beans are heated through. Stir through lime juice, add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Toss tofu in paprika and 1 tbsp oil, salt and pepper, then place on a baking tray (I use parchment paper so it doesn’t stick) and cook under the grill for 5 minutes each side.
3. To serve, put cooked rice in a bowl, top with beans, a few chunks of tofu, some slices of avocado and tomato, garnish with coriander, chilli, and a lime wedge.
Get more Yogi Recipes with our free PDF download Yoga Trinity Cookbook