A delicious salad of kale, dried cherries, pine nuts and parmesan. We have experimented with a few different versions, so get creative. But remember, the secret to this salad is to give your kale a lovely massage!
- 2 bunches of kale (about 1/2kg), rinsed and dried
- Juice of 2-3 lemons
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry kale, remove centre ribs and stems and thinly slice leaves
- In a large bowl, toss kale with olive oil and lemon juice, and massage for a few minutes until the kale darkens a bit and is well-coated. If needed, add more lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Top with some extra shaved cheese, and serve.